Flea and Tick Control West Palm Beach
Hot weather is the primetime for pet pests such as fleas and ticks. Ambassador Pest specializes in providing safe and effective flea and tick control. Using only environment and human safe and friendly materials we will eliminate your flea and tick problem and maintain a pest free environment for your family and pets. You can count on the friendly, certified professionals at Ambassadors to solve your problem.
Flea and Tick Control and your Pets
Although animals tend to view pests as merely annoyances, they can pose substantial health risks to both the pets and their owners, warns the National Pest Management Association (NPMA).
“These pests are known to transmit some potentially serious diseases like West Nile Virus, Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Lyme disease to animals and their human family,” said Cindy Mannes, vice president of public affairs for NPMA. “Dogs can also contract heartworm disease through mosquito bites- an expensive illness to treat if it’s not detected early.”
Another major concern is property infestation. Pet pests can breed quickly and are difficult to locate once inside the home. “Fleas and ticks typically remain on the warm-blooded host. Yet, flea eggs roll off the host and hatch in carpets, furniture and bedding,” says Mannes. “The small size and mobility of these pests make them hard to eradicate without the help of a pest professional once inside the home.”
Flea and Tick Control Tips for Pet Owners
NPMA offers the following tips for pet owners
- Check your pet frequently for fleas, flea dirt and ticks, especially after the animal has been outside.
- Keep an eye out for excessive scratching, licking and nibbling grooming behavior in your pet.
- Eliminate sources of standing water in the yard, as these can be breeding grounds for mosquitoes.
- Talk with a veterinarian about prevention and treatment options available to pets and inquire about heartworm protection.
- Treat the animal’s environment. Wash pet bedding and plush toys and vacuum carpets frequently.
- Contact a pest professional to prevent potential or current infestations.
Source: National Pest Management Association
Flea & Tick Control Treatments
- There is NO ONE that can get rid of fleas & ticks like Ambassador. A certified technician will start with a complete inspection of your property, locating harboring sites of fleas and ticks.
- Treatments, along with the homeowners help are all a part of a flea & tick management program. Treatments are applied to areas where fleas are most likely to breed, including animal bedding, cracks in floors, and baseboards.
- Growth Regulators have been found to be effective against pre emerged adults, adults, larvae, and egss; therefore, we at Ambassador Pest Management will come, spray the inside and perimeter of your home and yard.
We are delighted to provide 100% satisfaction guaranteed ant pest control services in Boca Raton, Lake Worth, Palm Beach Gardens, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Jupiter, Stuart, Palm City and Wellington. With one call you will experience the benefits of our 25 years of superior service in Pest Control, Lawn and Ornamental, Residential Wild Animal Removal for your Residential, Commercial or Equestrian Facility.